Qualified HGV Technician
c£30,000.00 - £40,00.00 per annum
Week 1: 6:00 am - 2:00 pm Monday to Friday
Week 2: 2:00 pm - 10:00 pm Monday to Friday and Saturday 6:00 am - 12:00 noon
40 hours standard c£13.00 per hour DOE
Any hours worked above 40 hours will be paid c£19.50 DOE
We are recruiting on behalf of a client based in Irlam in Manchester. The company has been established for over 40 years and is a leading competitor in its industry. The company sells new and used commercial vehicles from all six of their depots across the UK; they also offer other services such as servicing and breakdown cover.
This is a great opportunity for qualified HGV Technicians to join a modern and busy Workshop. You will be required to have a stable (and ideally a main dealer) background and must have knowledge of modern diagnostic systems.
We are looking for team players to fill this role who will be flexible and able to work to tight deadlines. You must have previous HGV technical experience and be qualified to level three (NVQ/City & Guilds) and be able to adopt a hands-on approach to all aspects of the role to ensure continued high levels of work are carried out right first time.
The main duties include:
- Carrying out inspection, servicing, repairs and testing of vehicles in a professional and safe manner
- Investigate and diagnose faults
- Report findings
- Carry out all repairs to the current manufacturers standards
- Planning work, managing diagnostics
- Carry out all repairs to the highest standards and with the most effective use of time
Days Week 1: Mon - Fri 6 am - 2:30 pm (30 mins lunch)
Week 2: Mon- Fri 1:30 pm - 10:00 pm (30 mins lunch)
+ On Week 2: Sat 6:00 am and 12noon
Hourly Rate/Salary for Days:
Week 1: £13.00 p/h x 40 hours Days = c£13,520.00
Week 2: £13.00 p/h x 40 hours = + £19.50 p/h x 6 hours = £16,562.00
ANNUAL SALARY = £30,082.00 per annum
+ 10 hours overtime each week = £10,140.00 per annum (TOTAL = £40,222.00)
+ 15 hours overtime each week = £15,210.00 per annum (TOTAL = £45,292.00)
In addition to the above you can be included on the Breakdown Rota -
(Saturday 12:00 noon until Monday 6:00 am)
Any call outs before midnight Saturday are paid at c£19.50 per hour
Any call outs after midnight Saturday until Monday 6:00 am are paid at c£26.00
£50.00 Standby Payment (12:00am Saturday - 06:00 Monday)
£16.00 for taking a call
- Life insurance at 2 x basic salary, starting on day 1
- "Clipper Rewards" - retail discounts per flyer given to you - see website for more details
- Employer pension contributions through the "NEST" scheme after 3 months
- Annual leave 20 days plus bank holidays, increasing with length of service to 25 days per annum.
- Clipper Sharesave scheme, managed by Yorkshire Building Society. Schemes are currently run on a 3 year cycle.
- Overtime is always available to boost earnings
- hgv mechanic
- commercial vehicle
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"