Property Letting Furniture Solutions is family-run furniture retailer who assembles and delivers domestic & commercial furniture throughout the UK. Due to our continued expansion we require an ambitious Qualified Electrician & Multi-Skilled Fitter.
Preferred but not essential NVQ Level 1, 2 or equivalent for older electricians and 17th Edition. Previous or current registration of a Part P scheme, Level 3, test and inspection qualifications would be an advantage.
As a Qualified Electrician & Multi-Skilled Fitter your responsibilities will include:
- Furniture assembly at a client’s premises which will include: assembling furniture, attaching units to walls, routing, sanding, cutting (I.e. cross cut saw), scribing, gluing, drilling, using a staple gun, drill driver etc.
- Fitting curtains & blinds.
- Fitting carpet & vinyl flooring into client’s premises. (previous experience an advantage but training will be provided)
- Considering the safety of yourself and others while working in different environments.
- Loading and unloading a delivery vehicle.
- Delivering, unpacking and assembling furniture.
- Furniture repairs.
- Liaising with customers regarding delivery times and providing excellent and friendly customer service during deliveries.
- Documenting & reporting issues.
- Vehicle Checks.
- Keeping vehicle clean and tidy - ability to perform minor vehicle maintenance would be an advantage.
- Maintaining time sheets.
Most jobs are pre-planned, but you may be expected to go different locations through-out the day and daily mileage can be high due to the areas covered. This position requires frequent lifting, carrying and moving of furniture. Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
Must have the ability to use various power tools for assembly purposes. Good attendance and excellent punctuality are required.
- Must be an experienced furniture fitter/ with some carpentry skills and handyman skills
- Must have experience using hand tools
- Experience using other machinery would be an advantage
- Must be able to work on their own as well as part of a team
- You must be trustworthy, reliable, flexible and have good time management skills
- A current full clean driving licence is required
- Use of own mobile phone (when on the road) is essential
- Experience of driving 3.5T Luton style van is essential
- CRB check would be needed
- Must be over 25 to comply with our insurance policy.
We require a full driving license and unable to accept applicants under the age of 25 and with less than 2 years driving experience due to our fleet policy insurance. (You must not have driving convictions for lack of insurance, drink related convictions or drug related convictions. )
If you feel you meet all the criteria and wish to join our ever-growing team of professional multi-skilled fitters, please apply and send us your CV, with a list of your relevant qualifications and dates when they we’re awarded.
- Competitive Salary - £20,000 - £25,000 (depending on experience & skill set)
- Tools & Vehicle Supplied
- Branded Uniform
- On going training and commitment to your continued growth, learning & development
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,000.00 to £25,000.00 /year
- General Electric