Qualified Domestic Voilence IDVA,Tower Hamlets
Based: South East London
Rate: £14 - 17 per hour
Length: 3 month ongoing
Start date: Immediate
Our client, a major provider of housing, care and support services on South East London, is looking to recruit an experienced Independent Domestic Violence Advocate.
Our client aims to pioneer, include and deliver specialist services area the county and have build strong links with local professionals, agencies and stakeholders to deliver comprehensive service to victims of abuse.
Synopsis of duties:
* Working closely with victims of domestic and sexual violence in order to provide a high quality independent advocacy and support service
* Managing a caseload of 30 high risk victims
* Supporting client both over the phone and face to face and providing both crisis management and on going support
* Informing clients on the full range of civil, criminal and practical options that might increase their safety
* Carrying out CAADA DASH Assessments and advising on safety plans and risk minimisation
* Assessing referrals, signposting to additional services and supporting client is finding refuge accommodation
* Making referrals to and attending MARAC and Child Protection conferences
* Carrying out joint working with GPs, Health Visitors, Schools, Solicitors, Counselling Services, Housing, the Police, Probation, Social Services and various Refuge Providers
* Attending Court and advocating on clients behalf and advising clients on all aspects of the criminal justice system
* Assisting clients with witness statements, advising on legal options and signposting to Legal Services
* Signposting client on to Housing, Benefit, Immigration and Legal services
* Accompanying client to Court and supporting them through trial process
* Extensive experience of supporting and advocating on behalf of Domestic Violence victims
* Ability to crisis manage and work well under pressure
* Strong organisation and diary management skills
* Proven success of carrying and managing a high case load.
* Enhanced DBS within the last 12 months
For details on this or any other role please contact Monna Fahmy on or email
Retinue Solutions is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Retinue Solutions is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
- Supported Housing
- Domestic Violennce
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'