Job Title: Residential Support Worker Children Emotional Behaviour
Salary: £20,500-£24,000 pa inclusive of sleep-in allowance dependent on experience.
Note to Applicants: Must hold either the QCF Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Children and Young People) or NVQ Level 3 – Children and Young People (or a predecessor qualification) or Recognised Social Work Qualification.
Due to the nature of the job, a full driver’s licence is required.
Shift Pattern: 24 hours 10:00am through to 11:00pm then sleep in until 07:00. Then 07:00-10:00
Contract: Full Time 173 hours per month
Safehands are representing a Fantastic Family Focused Organisation that is a provider on the Mid and South Wales Children’s Services Framework.
This excellent opportunity is to join a rapidly growing company that specialize in providing support for Children 11-18 who have suffered neglect, trauma and emotional difficulties.
The company values Teamwork within the Home and are committed to high quality, child focused care and to developing an engaged and professional staff team.
This Welsh built business have an exciting growth plan over a 5 year business development which enable interpersonal development and internal promotion within the home.
The home is led by a Brilliant Managerial Team who are dedicated to the development of the staff and young people and are proactive in person centred approach,
What you can expect from the Company
- Opportunities to build a career with us as we grow.
- Encouraging a culture of co-operation and communication, where contributions are welcomed from staff at all levels.
- Pro-actively supporting our staff through regular supervision, ongoing support, training and appraisals.
- Employing a performance based compensation structure.
Main Responsibilities of Residential Support Worker:
- Take on key worker duties and responsibilities as directed.
- Provide appropriate care within the home, in line with the home’s Statement of Purpose and the agreed individual care/pathway plans.
- Provide general daily care to young people including as necessary meal preparation and supervision, laundry, cleaning, supervision of social activities etc.
- Promote the ethos of the home.
- Act as a role model.
- Liaise as appropriate with young person’s family.
- Assist at discussions with Social Workers as appropriate.
- Develop, review and act on individual care/pathway plans.
- Maintain comprehensive records/reports for key young people.
- Mentor new staff.
- You will be able to build and maintain appropriate relationships with young people
- Develop good all round working relationships and communications, both verbally and written, with staff and within a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of working within a residential setting for children with challenging behaviour and knowledge of sanctions and appropriate methods of control
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of basic principles of the Children’s Act 1989
- Knowledge of Child Protection and National Minimum standards
- Full Driving License
- Minimum age 22, due to the children’s safeguarding framework
- Available to do Sleep ins
- Must hold either the QCF Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Children and Young People) or NVQ Level 3 – Children and Young People (or a predecessor qualification) or Recognised Social Work Qualification. CANNOT ACCEPT A QCF/NVQ Level 3 in Childcare or Health and Social Care
If you are interested in this role please send your CV to Sarah-Jane Phillips on or call