Qualified Audit Senior
Salary: £35,000 to £38,000 Per Annum
My client provides audit, accountancy, tax and consultancy services to small and medium sized organisations. They specialise in charities and social enterprise, and over 75% of their work is from the not-for-profit sector. The firm was set up in 2002 after identifying a need for specialised yet affordable professional services for charities.
They are a small but growing firm and have rapidly established a reputation for their fresh, down-to-earth approach and their ability to make the principles of good financial management easy to understand and implement. They have 2 partners, 2 Managers and 6 other staff currently.
Audit Senior, you will be responsible for:
- Leading audits from planning through to completion
- Supervising and providing feedback to audit assistants
- Accounts preparation for audit clients
- Client contact
- The role is mostly Audit
- Writing reports, so must have excellent verbal and written skills
- All audits varied sectors but 98% will be in the Charity Sector
- Audit range - £500k up to 3 million turnover
Essential requirements: -
- Experience of planning and leading audits within general practice
- Extensive experience with accounts preparation
- Ability to communicate well at all levels
- Strong team working, motivation and organising skills.
- ACCA/ACA qualified with 1 year post qualification experience
- My client would consider a Finalist with excellent experience in a similar role previously
The candidate will later have the opportunity to progress to the Audit manager. The team fit is also very important. They are a dynamic, fun place to work.
This vacancy is being managed by Laura Farmer at Spear Recruitment Ltd.
Spear Recruitment Spear Recruitment Ltd is Employment agency acting as such under the Employment Act 2008 and Employment Agencies Act 1973
Spear Recruitment Ltd are on Facebook and you call follow us on Twitter @spearrec
Use of all or any part of this advert to or in any media, without Spear Recruitment Ltd prior written permission is prohibited and may result in criminal or civil actions.
Copyright Spear Recruitment Limited 2014
- Chartered Accountants