Established Accountancy Firm with a diverse, local client base require an experienced Qualified ACA or ACCA Assistant Manager or Manager to join their team due to a growing client base.
As a Qualified Portfolio Manager - About The Role
Established Accountancy Firm with a local base of clients ranging from Sole Traders and Partnerships to Limited Companies and Groups, requiring accounting, advisory, tax and audit services.
Working closely with the Firms Partners you will be responsible for a portfolio of clients, mentoring junior team members and assisting in the continuing development of the firm.
On a full time basis this role offers the opportunity to obtain your Practising Certificate, or study for another professional qualification such as CTA.
As the Qualified Portfolio Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Review of statutory accounts prepared by your team.
- Review of Tax and Vat computations
- Undertaking more complex accounts work.
- Managing Audits from planning to Partner review
- Assisting with ad hoc project work for clients
- Ensuring the mentoring and development of a varied team of staff
The successful Qualified Portfolio Manager will have:
It is anticipated the successful candidate will have previous experience of management or supervision within an Independent or Mid-Tier Firm and be able to offer:
- Experience of planning and completing audit files
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Exposure to Tax, added value and Project work
- ACA or ACCA qualification
- Excellent time management skills
- A genuine desire to progress their career in an Accountancy Firm
Qualified Portfolio Manager - Benefits
- Opportunity to undertake further study, if desired
- Career progression
- Potential to work a 4 or 3 day week, or full time
- Car parking
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)