The role consists of handling a diversified portfolio of companies with turnovers of £1 million up to £100 million.
The work mix will comprise both audit and accounting assignments. As a portfolio manager, the successful candidate will have full responsibility for running a portfolio of circa 50 clients, with annual fees in the region of £400,000 upwards.
The outline of responsibilities are listed below;
- Liaising with clients and managing client expectations for all external audit activity
- Organising and running all accounting and audit assignments for the portfolio.
- Supervising and reviewing staff output, primarily accounts for audit production.
- Reporting directly to the partner and attending at all client accounts meetings.
- Organising pre-year-end tax planning work and devising appropriate tax strategies for clients.
- Attendance and input to practice development initiatives including significant networking and new prospect / potential client proposals.
- Working within an existing team of managers and partners to further develop and support the growth of the practice
- Monitor and control the team, review their work, ensuring quality and compliance with professional standards
- Oversee and control completion of assignments including assessing controls, systems and planning
- Full responsibility for the management of a portfolio of exciting clients, including high net worth individuals
- Preparation and review of statutory accounts
- Co-ordinate the delivery of high quality services tailored to the client using the team of established staff
- Focus on mid corporate and Small & Medium sized enterprises (SME’s) including larger complex groups
- Business development - identify and win new clients
There are excellent prospects for short/medium and longer term career progression for career focused individuals, looking to develop and progress their accountancy practice careers towards Associate/Director and Partner levels.
You will be a qualified ACA or ACCA Accounts and Audit Manager, with a background in practice and seeking a role providing development potential and progression opportunities. You will have 5 years or more post qualified practice experience in audit and accounts across a range of industries and turnovers and a background with any of Top Tier, Top Tier, medium/large independent or smaller firm environment
- Good IT skills including Outlook, Excel, Word and Accounting packages
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job