ProTalent are currently working with a successful, fast-paced digital accountancy firm who work with some very exciting clients to recruit a qualified Manager to join their successful team. The firm offer a wide range of services including providing services including company formation, statutory accounts, specialist tax, tax returns and bookkeeping.
Main purpose of the role:
- To review the quality of compliance work received from outsource partners and ensure that work is completed to high standards
- To establish internal education programme to ensure continual development among members of the team
- To follow best-practice, professional standards and regulations
Main duties & responsibilities:
- To review all compliance and self assessment work for a portfolio of clients and ensure that the work is completed to a high standard and in line with applicable regulations
- To review more specialist work including R&D claims, VGTR, SEIS, EIS, EMI and withholding tax
- To liaise with outsource partners with regards compliance work
- To establish and maintain an internal education programme to ensure continual development among staff
- To keep abreast of any new developments from HMRC and CH and educating all staff accordingly
- Responsible for maintaining accurate client jobs, activity and contact details in company CRM and related systems
- Working to meet the company financial objectives
- To liaise with HMRC to resolve issues that arise on an ad-hoc basis
- To ensure that a 'clean email inbox’ is maintained to target and to work with our customer service processes
The successful applicant:
- ACA qualified with tax specialism and experience of working with SMEs
- Experience of working in an accountancy practice or commercial finance team
- Comfortable using cloud-based accounting software and interested in utilising the app ecosystems that support them
- Practical business experience from other roles that will give broader business empathy
- Experienced and embracing of progressive efficient business software in general as the environment relies heavily on these tools and values time above everything
Thank you for your interest. To apply for this position, please do so through this website or contact ProTalent directly to discuss further.
We will endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours.
Thank you for your interest.