Veritas Education are looking for Secoondary QTS/QTLS Supply teachers to work in and around the Blackpool area on a full and part time basis
What to expect:
General supply teachers are very important to schools covering for teachers who are ill or away on training. Supply teachers may have a variety of duties throughout the day and be expected to deliver lessons based on work left by the permanent teacher. You will need strong behavior managment and be able to follow the behavior policy set by the school.
You will be required to;
- Deliver lessons using the planning left by the permanent teacher
- Following schools behavior policy using a firm but fair strategy.
- Overseeing additional classes due to the unexpected absence of another teacher.
- Construct lesson plans based on the guidelines of the school curriculum, if there is an emergency absence.
What will be expected of you?
- Supply teachers should arrive early for work on requested days.
- Match any outstanding class work with the curriculum and conduct themselves in a courteous fashion to pupils, fellow staff members and any visiting parents.
- They should be aware of school procedures, like completing the correct paperwork for late arriving pupils,
- Giving permission for students to leave class early or providing access to resources such as computers or textbooks.
- You will be required to keep the classroom in order and provide a brief report on the day's activities for the returning teacher, such as any problems encountered with pupils and the subject material covered.
Why choose supply:
Choose your own hours, we find you work to fit around you, your specialism and your lifestyle.
Most teachers stay in schools for years and never get to experience life in any other school. Supply teaching allows you to work in numerous settings and allows you to vary your roles and responsibilities between assignments.
- Return to teaching
Maybe you've had some time out from the classroom after having children? For any school to take you seriously, you'll need to show that you have up-to-date experience, are aware of current developments and initiatives in education, so time spent in classrooms to update and refresh your skills is crucial.
your teaching style can become very insular if you stay in the same environment. Supply work provides you with the chance to talk to other teachers, see how they teach, plan and assess, and open your eyes to other ways of doing things.
If you feel this would be the ideal opportunity for you, or would like to know more, please apply via the link below.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job