A QHSE Manager Job opportunity has just become available, within a specialist manufacturing business in the UK. Located in the Birmingham area, this company is working through a period of growth and is offering a very competitive starting salary of up to £45,000 + bonus (negotiable), for the right engineering professional.
Purpose of the QHSE Manager role -
- To ensure that the business adheres to HSE legislation and compliance procedures
- To provide assistance to the company, on all Quality related matters.
QHSE Manager Responsibilities include -
- Implement root cause analysis, using Quality tools such as 8D, Ishikawa & 5Y.
- Analyse company date and identify improvements in all areas of HSE > customer > supplier & internal performance.
- Assist the training of teams, with Kaizen activities, to improve all aspects of QHSE.
- Manage the transition of all suppliers, towards PPAP for a positive sign-off (PSW)
- Work with technical/purchasing teams, in the setting of supplier acceptance criteria/trials.
- Maintain the Quality management systems > processes and procedures, that improve business operations in accordance with ISO 9001 & adherence to any additional standards, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001.
- Frequently communicate information, with regards to the QHSE Management System throughout the organisation, promoting QHSE as well as identifying continuous improvements.
- Coordinate and facilitate internal > external & third party audits/testing as/when required.
- Update the Customer Management System, identify areas of non-conformance, chairing meetings with department heads, to identify root cause & corrective actions.
- Regular contact with all internal stakeholders, to ensure clear & factual information is provided.
- Ensure that all activities within the compliance calendar and calibration programme are adhered to.
- Complete all task based risk assessments, including - Mechanical, CoSHH, Fire and manual handling.
- Work with and assist the new product development project teams.
QHSE Manager Desirable Skills/Experience/Attributes -
- Experience in similar position, within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong working Knowledge of ISO 9001 / 14001 + OHSAS 18001.
- Good interpersonal/communication skills - able to communicate well with both internal teams and external suppliers/customers.
- Use of Quality tools such as 8D > FEMEA > Root cause >Kaizen/Six Sigma & 5Y.
- Previous experience as a Quality/QHSE Manager and relevant experience of working at both strategic and operational level.
- Excellent communication with proven ability to produce high quality written reports and presentations.
- Highly analytical with proven ability to monitor compliance and quality, conduct audits and provide feedback/solutions to achieve deadlines and objectives.
- Ability to interpret and apply legislation, codes of practice and guidance and to develop appropriate policies and procedures as/when required.
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering education.
QHSE Manager Position benefits -
- Competitive salary package of up to £45,000 (negotiable).
- Bonus scheme paid annually of 8%.
- Friendly working environment.
- Career progression opportunities.
- Pension scheme of 7%.
If interested in this position, please apply through this advert immediately.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job