QHSE Manager opportunity in Edinburgh
Our Edinburgh based client is seeking a QHSE Manager to join their FM division.You will be responsible for developing, implementing, monitoring and enforcing all process's forming part of our client's QHSE systems. Ensuring that all evidence required for demonstrating compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 1800 along with all other accreditations held. Your primary role is to professionally manage all Health and Safety matters for the FM department as well as provide H&S support to the rest of the Company. You will also liaise with the Compliance Manager and the QHSE department to ensure the FM department remains compliant with legislation and aligns with the QHSE department's strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities include -
- Providing competent advice and guidance in relation to all of the above areas of Health, Safety and Compliance ensuring in line with current legislation
- Delivering/sourcing training on areas of Health and Safety and statutory compliance
- Maintain the HSE standards through detailed auditing, inspections and reporting.
- Maintaining accreditation to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Auditing/ assessing specialist supply chain parties
- Providing responses to pre-quals and tenders on all Health and Safety and statutory compliance
- Writing and maintaining policies and procedures
- Ensure that all FM department employees are suitably qualified and trained for the roles which they are expected to provide on behalf of the company.
- Develop relationships with employees at all levels of the business to ensure that the QHSE policies and systems are continuously improving.
- Ensure on-going toolbox training and support for engineers/operatives in Health & Safety etc.
Ideally you will possess the following
- A degree or other relevant equivalent qualification
- NEBOSH or equivalent certification
- Membership of a professional body
- Significant auditing experience
- Proven Operational experience in Facilities Management
- Familiarisation with CDM 2007 Regulation
- Full driving licence
The following experience / qualifications is also desirable:
- Chartered Membership of IOSH
- Operational experience in building/construction services advantageous
This permanent position offers an attractive salary and benefits package. To find out more about the role please contact me on the number below.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Alasdair Reid on .
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Facilities Management
- Health & Safety