Our client based in Rotherham is currently looking to recruit an experienced QHSE Coordinator who can create, maintain and implement robust QHSE systems throughout the business, and across two of their sites, and be responsible for driving culture change with their Health & Safety functions.
In order to be successful in this role, a clear understanding of HSE and Quality Management System requirements is required, as is a determination to drive HSE & Quality into the mind-set of every employee.
The candidate will be comfortable operating and communicating at all levels, from shop floor to senior management and will be expected to participate on the Management Team and report on matters of QHSE.
* Develop and maintain Quality, Health and Safety & Environmental policies and ensure they are adhered to
* Ensure that risk assessments accurately reflect employee roles
* Coaching and advising the operational staff in the safe ways of working for their role
* To carry out observational and behavioural audits and ensure these audits are documented.
* To communicate with all employees on matters of health and safety and raise any issues
* Keep up to date with new legislation
* Previous experience performing in a similar role within the manufacturing industry
* Proven experience driving change and improvements
* NEBOSH Qualification Ideal but no essential
* IT literate including Microsoft office, word, excel and outlook.
* Able to communicate effectively
* Good time management and organisational skills
* Ability to train others in safe systems of work
* Experience working to ISO standards 14001 and OHSAS 18001
* Driving Licence Essential
* Maintain the company Quality Management Systems in line with the requirements of ISO9001.
* Interface with suppliers on Quality related issues.
* Drive the completion of Non-Conformance Investigations to identify improvements within the business
* Carry out Quality & Process audits within the business and at key suppliers
* Use Quality tools to evaluate ongoing Quality Performance, identify trends and highlight areas for improvements;
* Generate and update shop floor Work Instructions and Standard Operating Procedures
* Control the calibration and issue of inspection gauges within the Company
* Undertake internal audits of the Quality Systems and Manufacturing Controls.
* Participate in workplace trials to evaluate improvements.
* Identifying and implementing relevant quality-related training needs
* Proven experience / qualifications in Quality Assurance and knowledge of ISO9001:2008/2015 is essential
* Knowledge of ISO14001 & OHSAS
* An understanding of the use of Quality tools and change management is required.
* £21k - 24k
* 25 days holiday + Stats
* 5% Pension Contribution
* Free Parking
* Mon - Fri - 7.30am - 4pm or 8.00am - 4.30pm (40 hours) Flexi Time
This is an excellent opportunity for a well-rounded QHSE Coordinator to help shape this company at a time of growth and change.