nmcn work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill - from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
Our Telecoms business provides the management and delivery of national and regional network infrastructure to major communications providers. This includes installations, improvements, repairs and 24 hour emergency response networks to high speed fibre networks. We apply our expertise at each stage of the project lifecycle to ensure smooth delivery to our customers and clients.
We are looking to recruit a Health and Safety (QESH) Advisor to work in our Telecoms division based at our head office in Sutton in Ashfield, Nottingham. Reporting to the Telecoms QESH Manager you will be responsible for driving continual improvement in Quality, Environmental, Safety and Health practices across our sites and developing best practice as part of our zero accident, incident and defect strategy
What you’ll be doing day to day
- Provide accurate QESH advice and support to operational field delivery staff, including advising on CDM 2015 regulations, compliance as well as environmental issues. This will either be by direct support or use of available expertise within the business unit.
- Assist with the compilation of Risk Assessments, Method Statements etc.
- Provide support and guidance to operational teams, management and customers on QESH performance and provide root cause analysis to aid relevant coaching and feedback.
- Drive the positive intervention reporting initiative and encourage near miss, positive intervention and non-conformance reporting
- Assist and support the QESH Manager in the preparation of internal and external reports
- Engage staff and contractors on QESH performance on a day to day basis and support the delivery of objectives and targets.
- Undertake audits of contract depots and staff on site, including out of hours if required.
- Assist and support with audits by internal and external bodies.
- Assist and support operational management to promote QESH at briefings and internal and external meetings.
- Assist operational personnel with incident investigation; provide advice, support and guidance on legal framework. Ensure that learning points are fed into QESH directorate for continued improvement of policy, standards etc.
- Undertake evaluations of existing and potential subcontractors, including annual auditing of sub-contractor’s management systems.
- Support local managers on the contact with QESH regulators (e.g. HSE, Local Authority, Environment Agency etc.) accompanying them on inspections, audits and responding to complaints and queries.
- Provide feedback on identified QESH risks and give advice regarding possible solutions and remedial actions.
- Work within and promote the philosophy of safe team working and development across all company activities to achieve business objectives and continuously improve performance.
- Engender and operate in a culture of zero tolerance of accidents and self-inflicted incidents
The experience we're looking for in a candidate
- NEBOSH General, Construction Certificate and/or Environmental Certificate.
- CITB SMSTS or IOSH Managing Safely.
- Telecoms (FTTP, PIA, Pre-enablement) experience
- General construction environmental awareness.
- General Utilities quality awareness (Excavation, Reinstatement, Duct Installation etc.)
- NRSWA Supervisor card.
- Qualified to deliver training in manual handling, face-fit and abrasive wheels desirable but not essential
- Incident investigation and report writing
- Compilation of RAM’s (Risk Assessments & Method Statements)
- Be IT Literate with good presentation
- Must have excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution
Please note - we may have to close applications to this role sooner than anticipated based on the number of applications received.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'