We are looking for a team member with experience of Microbiology (preferably at Containment Level 3), working in a regulated environment (e.g. GLP or GMP) and successfully completing tests and test documentation. Additional knowledge of cell culture, ELISA and/or assay development would be an advantage. The post holder will be required to work within an established team and individually, assist in development projects and maintain the highest standards of data integrity.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform microbiological tests to support the clients development and production programmes.
- Support the QC Home Office project license team by performing or assisting with bioassay tasks working at ACDP containment level 2 and 3.
- Collect, collate and report routine data and information. Provide data and information to assessments, analyses and interpretation of project tasks.
- To maintain an up to date awareness of regulatory and scientific advances by attending training courses or meetings that contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of staff training and working practices that are beneficial to the post holder’s development.
- In line with overall responsibilities, to perform any other tasks assigned, or objectives set, by the line manager.
- To undertake all work in accordance with Porton Down Code of Safety Practice and Quality Systems.
- Bachelors or equivalent in relevant biological science.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in general laboratory work
- Working knowledge of GMP or another regulated environment such as GLP
- Experience of working in both a team and individually
- Experience of following written procedures and accurately recording results to a high standard
PORTON DOWN / WILTSHIRE / MICROBIOLOGY / SCIENTIST / MICROBIOLOGY / MICROBIOLOGIST / SCIENTIFIC / CLINICAL / PHARMA / DRUGS / GMP / GLP / LAB / LABORATORY / QA / QC / QUALITY CONTROL / QUALITY ASSURANCE / VALIDATION / ANALYST / ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY / BIOPHARM / BIOPHARMACEUTICALS / BIOCHEMICAL / BIOLOGICAL / SCIENCE / BIOMEDICAL / BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE / CHEMISTRY / PHARMACEUTICAL / DEVELOPMENT / ANALYTICAL / EQUIPMENT / PHARMACEUTICAL PRODUCTION / CONSUMABLES / QUALITY CONTROL / ENVIRONMENTAL / GMP / SUPERVISOR / TECHNICAL FILES / TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATION / FPP / CLEANING / cGMP / METHOD DEVELOPMENT / SAMPLES / TECHNIQUES / SYSTEMS / CONSUMABLES / EVALUATING / MATERIALS / TECHNOLOGIES / MANUFACTURING /
- Quality Assurance
- Quality Control
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job