When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
Part of the BioProduction (BPD) Division the team in Cramlington produce our range of Single-Use Technologies (SUT) which are typically used by biopharma companies around the world for drug development. We produce more than 2,000 products for our growing customer base and have been producing these products at Cramlington since 1997.
How will you make an impact?
We have an exciting opportunity for a QC Specialist to ensure Microbiological testing and associated investigations and reports are completed in a timely manner. You will use your microbiology experience to provide guidance relating to microbial issues to internal and external stakeholders. You will also need to have excellent attention to detail and the ability to write reports following testing.
What will you do?
- To perform microbiological testing including Bioburden, growth promotion and identification of Micro- organisms.
- To ensure all Microbiological procedures are up to date and comply with current USP/ EP requirements.
- To direct the environmental monitoring program for Cleanroom environments. Performing reviews of and trending the environmental monitoring data and EM risk assessments when required.
- To perform any microbial investigations required that may result from routine EM, testing, validations or customer complaints.
- To follow documented QC procedures and to ensure that they reflect current practice
- To assist with validation testing of QC procedures and to assist the Validation Specialist in testing of validation samples.
How will you get here?
- Microbiology experience within a pharmaceutical environment.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Microbiology degree
- Ability to write reports and carry out testing.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work alone and as part of a team.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job