International leading diagnostics group. Passionate, team driven environment. Rewarding benefits.
Your new company
A rapidly growing diagnostics company specialising in infectious diseases. The wider company possesses several successful brands that partner with a large global customer base, ranging from hospitals to large corporate companies. They are experts in the development, manufacture and distribution of high-quality diagnostic products, such as gold standard molecular assays and an impressive portfolio of rapid immunoassays for detection of toxins, viral antigens and key indicator proteins etc. A unique opportunity has arisen to join the QC team within the production/QC and Class 2 laboratories as a QC Scientist. You will have the opportunity to work within a team globally recognised for what they do, who are making huge leaps in the ongoing global effort against COVID-19. The key responsibilities and requirements of the role are outlined below.
Your new role
The role of QC Scientist will focus primarily on scheduling and performing day to day QC tests with the QC Lead of the department to ensure production and stock requirements are met. The role will involve knowledge of working to ISO13485 and ISO9001 and ensuring all QC activities carried out follow SOP. The role will also involve performing tasks relating to equipment maintenance and validation, process validation, product stability testing and supporting the QC Lead with procedure and process improvements and changes.
- Perform in-process and final QC tests to support manufacturing and R&D.
- Ensure accurate recording of QC results in the manufacturing system.
- Carry out checks or QC on incoming raw materials and ensure checks are recorded in manufacturing system.
- Support in the monitoring of QC inventory; ensuring sufficient controls are in place
- Write clear and concise QC SOPs, procedures and policies.
- Propose improvements to QC documents/processes in accordance with change control procedures and assist the QC Lead to implement these
- Carry out stability tests, analyse data and write up the results into stability reports.
- Complete Certificate of Analysis documents in addition to any other QC documents that may be required for customers.
- Perform all equipment calibrations ensuring these are completed on time.
- Suggest and apply quality improvement opportunities within QC, working with QC Lead.
- Responsibility to ensure Health and Safety policies are adhered to.
- Ensure QC processes & procedures are compliant to ISO13485 and ISO9001, suggest any improvements and help QC Lead to implement these.
- Work with the QC Lead to assist in planning the day to day QC schedule according to business requirements
- Plan and carry out training with new recruits within the QC team.
- Where appropriate assist in the investigation of non-conformities and support in the implementation of corrections and carrying out corrective actions.
- Ensure completion of relevant QC activities deemed appropriate to the success of the Quality Department.
- When required participate in QC/QA audits.
- Minimum of a BSc in a relevant Scientific field
- Experience of working within a QC team
- Experience of working with ISO13485 and ISO9001 quality management systems
- Previous experience and knowledge of company technologies and their applications
This is an extremely exciting time to join a company recently recognised for their ongoing efforts at the European Mediscience Awards. They are also global leaders in their sector and possess a passionate, team environment that encourages growth and success. Further benefits are outlined below.
- Industry competitive salary
- 25 days' annual leave package
- Great benefits package including Cycle to Work, Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance and Pension Scheme advantages
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'