An exciting opportunity has come up for a Scientific Officer to join a global life science company at their site in Newcastle on an initial 6 month basis. The Scientific Officer will perform a wide variety of roles to support Quality Control or Stability Studies required. Some main responsibilities of the role will include:
• Oversee the maintenance of control samples required for QC and Stability testing (microtomy, cryotomy, immunohistochemistry procedures including pre-treatments, automated stainers and slide screening), standards, systems and operate equipment in alignment with relevant regulatory standards.
• Ensure units are aliquoted and stored in the designated locations in a timely manner
• Prepare reagents and material, ordering consumables and perform other housekeeping tasks in alignment with operational day to day schedule
• Ensure Central Testing tasks are completed according to agreed timelines.
• Preparation, Performance and Documentation of Stability Study and QC Tests.
• Finding novel solutions to operational or technical problems
• Support other site project activities, when required
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a regulated environment, such as a pharmaceutical or research lab, and will be proficient in performing routine laboratory techniques, standards, systems and operate equipment in alignment with relevant regulatory standards. Ideally you will have some proficiency in using laboratory equipment, e.g. pH meters, balances, micropipettes or autoclaves.
Please apply with your CV now, and feel free to contact Tom Kirkpatrick at CY Partners for more information.
- Quality Control
- Stability Studies
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'