Title: QC Laboratory Coordinator - Biosafety ?
Location: Liverpool, UK
At MedImmune, relentless pursuit is matched with exceptional capabilities to break new ground in science. We have one of the most robust pipelines in the industry, and it’s because of our people. We’re entrepreneurial and deeply collaborative – a winning combination that’s delivering life-changing medicines to patients. If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives thrive when making brave decisions – join us.
The QC team based in Liverpool are looking to recruit a QC Biosafety coordinator who has experienced in coordinating staff, instrumentation, facilities and testing within functional area to ensure Quality Control meet integrated schedule. The successful applicant will also work with allocation of work to Quality Control team members to ensure testing and investigation cycle-times are met. You should be qualified to graduate level/or equivalent in a scientific discipline, with significant experience of working in a laboratory environment. You will have expert knowledge and understanding of your functional area and laboratory instrumentation, as well as Good Manufacturing Practice/Good Laboratory Practice. In addition, you must understand the Quality Control function, and its role and importance to the business.
Please note this position is a shift based role that supports a 4 on 4 off shift pattern.
Some other responsibilities include:
- Leads the daily Quality Control shift team meeting for their area, dealing with and managing day to day issues and escalating appropriately.
- Works closely with Quality Control Planner to ensure integrated schedule is communicated and visible to team members.
- Works within team to ensure batch related investigations are closed in a timely manner in accordance to the batch release schedule.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving Quality Control data and investigation as required.
- Audits and reviews procedures on an annual basis or when significant changes/implementations occurred. Also support internal/external audits when necessary.
- Degree qualified /or equivalent in a scientific discipline
- Experienced Quality Control Analyst.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the principles and concepts of compliance management and Good Manufacturing Practice / Good Laboratory Practice
- Proven track record in coordinating a team and tasks within QC environment
- Previous people management experience
- Previous Biopharmaceutical industry experience.
- Project management and influencing skills
Closing Date: 15th February 2017
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.