This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate with a couple of years experience of quality control in a lab to join a well established manufacturing firm based in Peterborough. All we ask is that you have at least 1-2 years QC experience within a production / manufacturing / Lab role, be very detailed orientated, have high levels of accuracy and a genuine interest in chemistry.
Photocentric Ltd based in Peterborough is a rapidly growing, innovative company with a number of patented, market leading and award winning products. We are looking for a QC Operative to be involved with testing resins to established Quality Control procedures in a laboratory. This is a fabulous opportunity for someone who is seeking career progression as the role may offer the chance of promotion to carry out chemical research working under one of our PhD chemists.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Test resins to established Quality Control procedures in a laboratory
- Test 3D printer resins
- Assist with testing the validity of all our range of 3D printers
- Create batch sheet for manufacture
- Monitor stock of the chemicals and resin
- C reate C of A's for our products
- To ensure the standard of quality is consistently met for all products
- Perform quality checks & record results accurately in a timely and efficient manner as directed by the line manager.
- Perform manual inspections on product.
- Inform the line manager of any check or test failures, providing them with samples and any related information
- Retain copies and examples of the failures for reporting
- Comply with company policies and procedures and lead by example in all areas
- Actively participate in the process of continuous improvement of the Company’s Product Safety and Quality Management System, products and processes.
- Previous experience in a quality control position or a recent chemistry graduate
- To have a good eye for detail in order to be able to undertake visual quality inspections of the products.
- Good numerical and literacy skills in order to be able to complete relevant QC documentation
- To be able to work on own initiative and be confident enough to raise any quality issues with the appropriate manager or person in charge.
- Genuine interest in chemistry
- Good team player
- Can commute to Peterborough
Training will be given, Salary neg.
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Control
- Graduate Level
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job