Do you have:
WILLINGNESS TO LEARN?
ABILITY TO TAKE FEEDBACK?
PROPENSITY TO TAKE ACTION?
We call this #EEWAP, and if you are full of #EEWAP then an apprenticeship with Tech City Stars could be PERFECT for you!
WHAT DOES THIS JOB INVOLVE?
This role will be reporting to our QA Software Tester and working very closely with our developers and Client Services team, will be trained to build on our current testing procedures and create more efficient, robust, and effective software testing and quality assurance for us.
To purpose of this role is to establish, manage and perform software testing procedures to identify and correct errors before releasing to clients, and to ensure a high standard of quality for our core product.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Ensuring Quality and Compliance standards are achieved.
- Preparing and reviewing test plans.
- Preparing and reviewing test cases.
- Executing tests to ensure all software errors are identified and corrected.
- Reporting of bugs and defects.
- Analyse functional specifications to produce comprehensive test scripts and scenarios for expected results to be performed manually (and using automated testing tools if applicable)
- System testing of new modules and existing software enhancements to ensure they meet business requirements.
- Functionality Testing of new modules and existing software enhancements to ensure they meet business requirements by performing end to end business scenario tests
- Regression testing of new functionality and existing software enhancements to identify any possible impacts caused by changes.
- Recording of test results
- Maintain and manage manual scripts
- Verify and evidence the reproduction of any reported faults in existing software.
- Test fixes required for reported faults, including tests for possible impacts from changes.
- Ensure all work produced meets specified requirements before being released for internal approval
- Identify and resolve errors in work
- Proactively identify and resolve potential problems in work produced or the production process that may lead to customer dissatisfaction
- Productively participate in company discussions with the aim to enhance own and whole team’s work and standards
- Ensure client services and development teams are kept informed of progress & any significant issues
- Proactively contribute to & utilise the company’s technical knowledge base
- Liaise with developers, client services and management team to better understand requirements and produce effective test scripts
- Ensure developers are kept up to date with latest problems requiring resolution and take ownership of issue until resolved
- Provide user-support services as back-up to client services team if required
- In a timely manner assist and advise clients and colleagues on technical issues, resolving any incident calls allocated
- Assist colleagues with the resolution of any work problems or queries relating to the progress of any outstanding /ongoing problems or the functionality of the Application software
WHAT DO I NEED TO BE GOOD AT?
Our client would be particularly interested in candidates with;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- IT Literate; proficient with Microsoft office applications proficiency, especially Word & Excel
- Minimum GCSE Grade of C in Maths and English
- Well-presented and enthusiastic with a keen interest in IT
- Someone with a basic knowledge of technology in a corporate environment
- Someone with Technical Skills - Windows/Microsoft focused
- Have a flexible and pragmatic approach
- Work well as part of a small and productive team.
- Demonstrable accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Organized, detailed and sceptical with a good sense of humour
All you need is EEWAP - Energy, Enthusiasm, Willingness to Learn, Ability to Take Feedback and Propensity to Take Action.
You’ll also need to pass a face to face screening interview with our Employer Partnerships team (don’t worry, we’re a friendly bunch) and sit initial assessments in Maths and English.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
There’s tons of information on Tech City Stars, our qualifications and our process for helping young people to kickstart their careers on our website - www.techcitystars.co
ABOUT TECH CITY STARS
Tech City Stars helps talented young people to start their careers through exciting apprenticeships with a focus on digital skills. Apprentices are able to choose from one of our three advanced apprenticeship pathways - Digital Marketing, IT Support & Networks and Web & Software Development. Once you’ve applied, we’ll work with you to understand which pathway is the best fit for your skills, personality and interests and then we’ll introduce you to employers looking for apprentices in that pathway.
Every week, Tech City Stars puts on an awesome event where employers come to meet a group of young people who are full of #EEWAP and who are looking for apprenticeships. The event lasts a full day, and every candidate gets the opportunity to meet and impress a group of awesome businesspeople who are looking to hire apprentices. After the event, employers invite successful candidates to work trials in their offices, and if that goes well - hey presto - YOU’RE AN APPRENTICE!
- Customer Service
- Quality Assurance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job