Mortgage Advice Bureau (MAB) are a multi award winning mortgage broker and network and due to continued expansion now require a suitably qualified Graduate Quality Assurance (QA) tester based in their vibrant, head office in Derby.
The Graduate Quality Assurance (QA) role is a vital part of the development team responsible for the testing and continued integrity of software solutions offered by the department. You will handle the day to day responsibilities of creating, implementing and executing test plans and systems. You will also be involved in the full Agile development process from planning through to delivery.
- Creation of testing scenarios with detailed analysis recorded and created for any problems found with immediate feedback for any potential impact on the release schedule.
- Thorough testing of both potential release deployments and live system implementations.
- Reviewing specifications and technical design documents for all projects that you will be assigned to through the various planning and catch up meetings that occur in a project life cycle.
- Identification and tracking of bugs with complete detailed analysis of any problems found.
- Create scripts with a view to bringing efficient automation of the test process.
- Liaise with other departments where reports and data extracts are required using SQL Server Reporting Services or adhoc Transact SQL queries.
- Keep up to date with the newest procedures and testing tools available for use.
- Providing additional support to the Midas and IT support team where further assistance is required.
- Updating documentation on features in test ready for live release.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Must be eager to learn with a technical mind-set.
- Have a good understanding or experience with the project lifecycle and deployment of commercial web applications.
- Meticulous attention to detail in all aspects of work.
- Experience with software tools for planning and tracking the work flow of test cases and new project work.
- Previous experience working within an Agile environment.
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- An IT or numerate subject based degree is essential
- Any related testing qualifications would be advantageous.
- Experience in transact SQL and automated system testing would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment working towards tight deadlines.
In return, we offer a great working environment with a competitive salary, 22 days’ holiday and would look to further develop your career by offering training and mentoring programs.
If you are keen to pursue a career in testing with us, please apply no later than 15th December 2017 when applications will close.
- Quality Assurance
- Automated Processes
- IT degree