Abattoir QA Supervisor
£11.20 Per hour Monday - Friday 6.30am/8.00am - 16.30pm/18.00pm
An exciting opportunity is available with a very prestige client of ours; the role is for a QA Supervisor to join the busy QA Team in Hull.
Main duties include:
- Directly managing the site-based QAs, ensuring strong leadership and direction is provided to achieve and maintain a single vision for the technical team
- Building relationships with other departments including production to support a 'single team' approach.
- Managing day to day issues with the production teams and ensuring appropriate actions are taken and documented where deviations from specified controls occur.
- Providing production teams with effective trending of key data such as quality assessments so as to support continuous improvement.
- Reviewing microbiological results and implementing appropriate recommendations where high counts are seen.
- Assisting in new product trials and providing feedback of any key challenges early in the process.
- Developing specific paperwork and procedures required for new products prior to launch.
- Undertake such ad-hoc duties as maybe required to benefit the business.
- Guarantee competence in the operation and programming of all relevant machinery including metal detectors, Delfords and Hellenics.
- Ensure that all stock is fully checked at the end of each shift, dealing with any anomalies in a timely manner as and when they arise.
- Conduct monthly full trace-ability studies in line with company and customer requirements, reporting any faults to the Technical Manager or the QA Manager, as soon as possible.
- Assist the Technical Manager and the QA Manager with customer site visits and other third party audits.
- Ensure that all areas are appropriately staffed with the correct number of QA operatives in line with production requirements. Ensuring staffing levels are met when staff are sick or absent.
- Deliver on key performance indicators
- Carry out activities with full awareness of their impact on the environment, in terms of people and the local area
- Objectively assess the team's performance and develop improvement plans
Experience / Skills required;
- Level 3 Food Safety
- Abattoir experience/QA or QA Supervisor experience
This is fantastic opportunity for anyone looking for a great career with a well-established company. If you think you have what it takes, we want to hear from you. SUBMIT YOUR CV NOW
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'