My client is looking to recruit an experienced Quality Assurance Manager for their site in South Ockendon, Essex.
On a daily basis you will work closely with their Directors, QA Assistant, Factory Manager, staff and suppliers. You will oversee all aspects of quality assurance and food safety within their business encompassing the full range of catering butchery operations and meat prep manufacture. Hours of work are Monday - Friday, 6am - 3pm.
- Design, develop, test and implement quality assurance processes based around HACCP principles.
- Maintain and continually review and improve the quality system.
- Make technical decisions and recommendations on raw materials, packaging, processes and finished products.
- Investigate all food safety / quality non-conformances and ensure that corrective actions have been identified and closed out.
- Approve and monitor their suppliers.
- Undertake product and environmental testing (nutrition, microbiology, allergens, water etc).
- Oversee hygienic practice in the factory.
- Lead audits by external bodies (FSA, STS, NACB etc) and carry out internal audits.
- The role encompasses both office based tasks and hands on involvement in the production environment.
- Science degree or qualification in food safety / assurance.
- On the ground operations experience within a food company.
- HACCP qualification or in-depth understanding. Knowledge of BRC standards is an advantage.
- Methodical approach with a keen attention to detail.
- Highly organised. Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and people management skills.
- Embraces challenge and change.
So if you have the skills and experience their are looking for and would like to find out more, please let me have your CV. Thank you.
- Quality Assurance