QA Manager – Retail – Hull
Hours: Monday to Friday - 7.00 – 4.00pm
Our Client is one of the largest pork processors in the UK, dealing with multiple customers, the foodservice sector and further processors. An exciting new opportunity has arisen for to join the busy QA team in Hull.
The main duties are:
- Directly managing the site based QA Supervisors, ensuring strong leadership and direction is provided to achieve and maintain a single vision for the technical team
- Supporting the QA Supervisors in providing training and development plans, to assist the site based QA teams
- Assisting the QA Supervisors with their decision making processes
- Building relationships with other departments including production to support a ‘single team’ approach
- Managing day to day issues with the production teams and ensuring appropriate actions are taken and documented where deviations from specified controls occur
- Providing production teams with effective trending of key data such as quality assessments so as to support continuous improvement
- Support and develop the site based Quality Management system, including continuous development of procedures and check sheets
- Reviewing microbiological results and implementing appropriate recommendations where high counts are seen
- Assisting in new product trials and providing feedback of any key challenges early in the process
- Developing specific paperwork and procedures required for new products prior to launch
- Challenge current processes and practices, with a view to improve
- Objectively assess the team’s performance and develop improvement plans
- Ensure clarity of role for team members, including assigning of tasks and providing feedback
- Effective labour planning to limit reliance on overtime working within the department
- Collect data analysis to identify trends and opportunities
- Assume responsibility for the management of activities which ensure food safety, integrity, legality and quality
- Ensure adherence to all standards and processes relating to CCP monitoring, glass, complaints, label verification and other checks within your area
- Maintain knowledge of relevant legislation, internal company policies and procedures, codes of practice, technical specifications, COSHH regulations and developments in H.A.C.C.P systems relevant to the department
- Having worked as QA Manager in food industry.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
- QA Manager
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'