A QA Engineer is required for our client based in Exeter for an initial 6 month contract.
You will be joining an existing Agile delivery team as an experienced Engineer to manage and deliver applications on AWS infrastructure. You will be expected to share your knowledge with others in the team and to coach less experienced team members.
- Write and execute functional and non-functional tests at each level, and debug and refactor the test code
- Measure and report on test activity, manage defects and author software defined tests
- Work with Product Owner to produce detailed acceptance criteria.
- Design test environment set-ups and configuration
- Pair with release, development operations and software developers to write automation tests across different levels and review release scripts across environments
- Identify new test techniques and tools
- Educate and support the rest of the delivery team with testing, educate internal and external stakeholders and work with delivery teams to define 'quality'
- Use software development skills applied within a testing context
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
- A degree in computer science, computing or other numerate subject, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in manual and automated testing
- Experience working with tools like Jest, Cucumber, Selenium, JUnit etc
- Experience automating User Interfaces and APIs
- Experience of developing in a cloud environment
- Evidence of an ability to participate effectively in a team environment and be able to work independently on allocated tasks.
- Enthusiasm for and understanding of how to provide a professional, high-quality service and work to demanding deadlines.
- Training and mentoring experience and a willingness to share knowledge in a collaborative environment
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of the AWS cloud computing platform. Certification would be good, but not essential
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'