Our client is a leading Software provider who employs over 4,000 staff across 50+ Countries. With a Turnover of over £1 billion and share prices doubling in the past year the company is now looking to expand its Software Development Team with the addition of an experienced QA Engineer to join their growing team in Cambridge.
The QA Engineer ideally may already have experience in Quality Assurance or will be a Software Developer looking to move into the QA field.
The position will be filled by a conscientious, highly-motivated, assertive and skilled individual, who will bring to the role important skills but will also be keen to learn new ones on an ongoing basis as the role develops.
The role will require analysis of QA coverage requirements for new functionality across the areas of correctness, performance, robustness and usability; designing and building automated test-cases; and execution of testing and release management processes.
You will be working on a highly successful Messaging product.
Other responsibilities include:
- Working in a cross-functional agile team with software engineers, other QA engineers, and documentation authors, to design, develop and test new product features.
- Designing and developing automated test suites for high-performance distributed systems.
- Contributing to improvements in the usability, performance, scalability and overall quality
- Producing test plans and creating test cases for new product features.
- Performing regression testing of software prior to new product releases.
- Maintaining previous releases of the product and assisting with the timely resolution of incidents raised by customers.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related subject.
- You must have knowledge and practical experience of modern quality assurance methodology and practice, including unit, system and integration testing, and test-driven development.
- You must have practical experience of developing or Testing in Java and/or debugging multi-threaded software.
- Experience in in Test tools and frameworks such as JUnit and Selenium.
- Quality Assurance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job