QA Engineer (Automation) - NOTTINGHAM OR HOME WORKING
We are proud to be working in partnership with a hugely successful and prestigious organisation who serve a wide range of public and private sector clients across the world (including some very impressive media and digital brands). Established 150 years ago, our client continues to be the leader in their field, and due to continued success they are recruiting for their QA team in Nottingham.
Keywords: QA Engineer, Tester, Quality Assurance, Automation, Selenium WebDriver, Java, Cucumber, API Testing
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- We're looking for demonstrable experience in Automation testing. We're looking for someone who truly understands the principles of automation in order to achieve extraordinary automation results. Automation will not only be part of your job description, but part of your way of thinking - you’ll naturally think about how it can improve operations, and what can be achieved. You'll want to investigate different technologies and new ways of working!
- Selenium WebDriver
- Good understanding of / experience with a variety of test frameworks such as TestNG, JUnit etc
- Cucumber - experience writing tests in a behaviour driven development (BDD) style. Experience with other BDD tools will be considered
- Testing API's (SoapUI / Postman for example). Using API's (RESTful API's). Solid understanding of RESTful web services.
- Experience with requirements analysis and defining acceptance test criteria
- Experience writing test cases, scripts and plans
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Version control would be desirable (we use GitHub)
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD tools) would be desirable
- We're looking for a true Quality Assurance Engineer! You won't just be testing software at different stages of development - you'll oversee the entire development process. The successful candidate will be entrenched in projects from start to finish and will work closely with Product Owners, Software Engineers and Architects
- Communication is key - you may be working with QA's and Software Engineers in different locations and will need to communicate effectively via Skype
- Excellent debugging skills
- Analytical, with excellent reasoning skills
- Pride - you will take pride in your work and take responsibility for software quality at all times
- Independent thinker with the ability to work alone if needed, as well as part of a team
- Ambitious, forward thinking, eager to learn new skills/technologies, not afraid to push the boundaries. You will seek continuous improvement of test strategies, tooling and practices
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Base salary of £40,000
- Company Bonus scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours / flexible with home working for part of the week
- 25 days holiday a year with the option to purchase an extra 5 days
- Eye care vouchers
- Child care vouchers
- Company pension
- Interest free travel loans
- Fantastic office space with great facilities
- Fantastic amenities nearby - restaurants, cafes, shops, bars etc...
- Be part of a great team of highly skilled QA Engineers where opportunities for personal and professional development are abundant
Central Nottingham (NG1) OR HOME WORKING NOW CONSIDERED (with fortnightly visits to one of the offices for meetings / sprint starts - either Central Nottingham, Howden or SW London Victoria)
This is a varied role where no two days are the same. A great company, great people, and great technologies!
Please let me know if you would like to discuss the company and role in further detail.