Great opportunity for an ambitious Food Technologist- someone looking to make a difference and grow within an excellent company - supplying premium products to major supermarkets.
is a medium sized business supplying premium food products to major UK supermarkets. The business is well respected and successful -its success is based on great products, hard work, flexibility, innovation and delivering results.
THE QA Assistant will ensure full adherence to the BRC Quality and Food safety management systems. The position holder will play an active role in all product and process continuous improvement projects.
Key Duties will include :-
* Approve all returned QCP/CCP records & investigate any out of specification control points.
* Carry out internal audits as required
* Oversee the performing of QA tests on all finished products.
* Undertake microbiological and chemical testing of finished products and the manufacturing environment and to conduct swabbing analysis in accordance with the established schedules
Applicants must have a HND or Degree in Food Technology./Food Science or similar, along with some management experience.
Ideally you should have some experience in the following :-
* Familiar with requirements of the BRC global standard for food safety
·Ability to write and maintain specifications using retailer systems
* Experience of supervising others within the food Industry
* Experience and knowledge of HACCP principles, internal auditing.
* Excellent communication and problem solving abilities
* Computer Literate - Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point - SAP ideally
* High level of competence in GMP programme and implementation
* Experience of implementing procedures and work instructions within Quality Management Systems.
Most importantly you'll be enthusiastic, keen to learn and progress and be at home on the busy factory floor in a temperature controlled environment
You'll need to be an excellent communicator, able to train operatives and manage sub- contractors.
"Kandhu Recruitment will consider all applications based on each candidate's suitability to the role or similar roles within the Food Sector and if we feel you are a relevant candidate we will process your application by adding you to our secure recruitment database and then contacting you to progress job opportunities further. We do not contact unsuitable applicants."
- QA Assistant FMCG Food Industry Quality Assurance