QA Analyst/Tester - London - £40,000 DOE
Working within the software development team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the planning, design and execution of the system testing. You will lead the development of testing processes within the business and set industry standards for testing.
- Analyze and understand requirements, devise a test plan to adequately cover the requirements, develop high-level test scenarios that implement the strategy. elaborate scenarios into detailed test cases
- Own the QA process throughout each project, including:
- defining QA requirements
- creation and execution of tests (manual and automated)
- working with client support teams, who will provide additional manual testing resource when necessary
- Monitoring/reporting of testing progress, incorporating schedule/scope changes as needed
- Identification and management of bugs and change requests
- Determining when and what to re-test
- Introduce test automation
- Write manual tests with a view to automation
- Identify the most appropriate automation tools for our applications and processes
- Script automated tests
- Collaborate with the business and development teams to produce requirements that are well-documented and clear.
- Maintain subject matter expertise for the systems under test and use that expertise to create, maintain, and extend the test case library.
- Participate in team process improvement. Understand our development lifecycle within a business context, participate in its continuous improvement.
- 5+ years as a QA tester with experience in testing highly complex data rich web applications, ERP and ecommerce projects as well as experience with industry standard QA tools for test case development, execution, and defect management.
- Strong knowledge of QA methodologies and best practice
- Well versed in SQL with the ability to write queries, understand database architecture and incorporate data validation/mining into test activities
- Ability to work autonomously or collaboratively and apply problem solving, critical thinking skills
- Test Automation
- Web Applications