Python Developer - London
Do you like working with data? Do you want to make an impact in a start-up? Do you live for Django, AngularJS, continuous deployment, agile development and microservices? If you answered yes to all those questions, then keep reading!
Our client is a London-based tech and research start-up led by young but experienced professionals. It originated as a spin-off of a well-established consultancy, which has specialised in corporate governance for over 13 years. The goal of The company is to extract valuable governance information that is buried in thousands of pages of annual reports and supervisory filings by applying machine learning techniques.
It’s an exciting time to join our small, extremely motivated, team here at The company, and we have big visions for the future. We’ve secured funding, we’re working towards a live product, and we’re now forming our technology team. We are seeking exceptional developers who identify with our core software architecture, and are prepared to have a huge impact on the product and our company culture, are willing to take ownership of problems end to end, and are able to make difficult decisions.
We think in terms of microservices rather than a monolithic system, and our stack builds on Google Cloud Platform. As a full stack developer, your main responsibility will be continuing the development of the Company website and database, and you will work closely with our research team to deliver the best possible user experience in the corporate governance sector. More specifically, you will: maintain our code base, design, implement and test new features, and monitor our live system.
In return we offer a great place to work, with people from diverse backgrounds, the chance of taking responsibility, being trusted and valued in the team, and the rare opportunity of experiencing and shaping a start-up.
Skills & Requirements
· University degree in computer science or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience in commercial software development or another tech environment
- Experience in managing software projects
- Proficiency in object-oriented software development and automated testing
- Familiarity in using and programming relational databases
- Experience in Django and AngularJS
- Solid understanding of how to build APIs and REST based microservices
- Good communication skills in English
· Ability to work in a team, which focuses on sharing knowledge and learning new things, but also autonomous
· Familiarity with TypeScript or CoffeeScript
- Knowledge of frontend-development techniques/frameworks like Semantic UI, CSS, LESS/Sass
- Experiences with non-relational databases, e.g. Redis or MongoDB
- Know-how of continuous deployment systems, e.g. Jenkins
- Comfortable working with task queues and message brokers like Celery, RabbitMQ
- Understanding of microservices as a software architecture and containerization, e.g. Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with agile software development, Scrum, Kanban and Phabricator
- Sample work on Bitbucket, GitHub or Stack Overflow
· London-based or willingness to relocate to London
- Allowed to work in the UK