Python Development Team Lead, London
£80,000 - £90,000 p.a. + 10% Bonus
Our client is a global research, insights and analytics company whose clients come up with life-changing ideas. They are looking for a dynamic individual to work with some of the world’s biggest brands, as part of the Life Sciences Technology department, responsible developing and delivering key components to the platform.
The role is to lead a cross-matrix development team of 3-12 Developers, Business Analysts, User Experience and Quality Assurance individuals. The team is taking on ambitious projects to replace established products by developing new components and products using the latest technologies and paradigms.
- Taking ownership of a development team providing clear visibility of project status to stakeholders.
- Overseeing the design and maintenance of enterprise web applications.
- Managing global teams.
- Determining the best agile methodology to suit the team and projects.
- Offer innovative ways to improve applications and processes for customers spread globally.
- Drive recruitment to strengthen the team with the ability for spotting talent.
- Have technical discussions with clients, staff and management on development.
- Line manage developers, ensuring that they achieve their potential, mentor their development, provide technical guidance and knowledge and review their coding in order to make suggestions for improvements.
Essential Skills Required:-
- Web development background in Python (4+ years, inc. Python 3), 2+ years in Django.
- Agile/Lean methodologies (3+ years).
- Continous Integration/Delivery practices with Python
- Strong believer in automated testing, with experience in with TDD/BDD processes
- Knowledge of the other key project technologies: XML/JSON, REST, Postgres, data modelling & versioning
- Ideally also have experience in…
- Cloud computing, e.g. AWS, notably: S3, EC2, containers, RDS, messaging (e.g. SQS, SNS)
- Angular.io, or other contempory client-side technologies
- Building micro-service applications
- Knowledge of the other technologies in our stack: Java, Spring, Elasticsearch, Apache Kafka, Git, Oracle, Postgres, ActiveMQ
- Building text-mining or machine-learning content processing pipelines
- Previous education or experience in biochemistry, pharmacology, bio/cheminformatics or similar would be a bonus
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'