Purchasing Team Leader
Our client is a worldwide company with customers all over the world. They are continuing to grow as a business and have an exciting opportunity opened up in their Purchasing department.
The Purchasing Team Leader position will involve:
Managing and overseeing aspects of activities for our clientâ€™s Distribution Purchasing department.Â Â
Responsible for performing all activities related to purchasing including but not limited to the following:
1) Daily purchase orders, Drop shipments & Rush orders
2) Addressing purchase order issues
3) Following up on unconfirmed purchase orders
4) Expediting open POâ€™s
5) Running reports in order to determine needed stock levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES of the Purchasing Team Leader:
- Process corporate resale purchasing (non-surplus)
- Manage the Online Order Dept.
- Establish vendor management procedures
- Identify and track vendors and suppliers
- Analyze inventory levels; determine minimum and maximum and purchase accordingly
- Negotiate vendor relationship and pricing with distribution manager
- Own vendor data and ensure itâ€™s timely and complete, own pricing data and ensure it is robust, timely and complete
- Manage day- to- day purchasing; ensure best practices
- Implement and manager vendor metrics to produce efficiency, cost savings associates with purchasing function.
- Monthly metrics report showing overall progress and cost savings associates with purchasing function
- Analyze pricing strategies to assure effectiveness for FNFP pricing and its relationship to the other pricing by condition and repair options.
- Supervises and manages assigned staff.
- Forward questions to receiving about shipping and/or payment status.
- Make decisions with regard to changes on existing bids and purchase orders.
In return the role is offering a basic salary up to 24K-26K
To find out more about the Purchasing Team Leader role please apply today!
- Purchase Orders
- Team Leader
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job