Purchasing & Supply Chain Coordinator
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Our Client, an established retailer now has an excellent opportunity for a Purchasing & Supply Chain coordinator to join their growing business.
As Purchasing Specialist you will be responsible for the day to day running of the purchasing department and stock management system. Using relevant reports, relationships, supplier and product knowledge you will constantly seek to improve margin, limit inventory liability and optimise backlog to maximise the on-time delivery performance to end customers.
- Supports efforts to reduce or control inventory of stock and purchased goods
- Implement and maintain minimum inventory levels in line with sales history and seasonal demand.
- Negotiate buying and delivery terms
- Provide recommendations to support the rationalise of suppliers and stock lines
- Manage the flow of information from suppliers to ensure purchase orders, pricing and new products are accurately updated
- Assist in managing the Supply Chain in your region as directed by the Supply Chain Manager ensuring KPI’s are achieved
- Develop weekly reports based on information from the supply chain
- To assist the client in delivering specific project initiatives
- Escalate issues to the Supply Chain Manager and ensure they are kept up to date
- Previous Procurement Background within a similar industry
- Proficient in SAP or other MRP system
- Excellent keyboard skills with the ability to manipulate large amounts of data in excel using VLOOKUP and pivot tables.
- Excellent communication skills
Our client is looking for someone with a "can-do" attitude, who has the eagerness and passion to succeed in a fast paced busy environment.
For more information please contact one of our specialist consultants quoting REF:NJR7648