Proactive Personnel Ltd are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of their client based in Cannock. We are currently recruiting the role of Buyer to join an existing team. Our client is a well established company offering exciting opportunities for Candidates who are looking for development and progression.
The Job Role:
- To manage Customer (depot) and supplier relationships to ensure cost effective and efficient supply of products, services and materials.
- To drive competitive advantage through cost negotiation with suppliers in conjunction with the Procurement Manager.
- To support the wider business by developing an active and efficient supply chain environment in which suppliers operate.
- To own and drive departmental process improvements and changes.
- To transact all requisitions.
- To deliver maximum value through negotiation with suppliers on purchase requisitions.
- Working with suppliers to ensure most commercial and practical solutions are provided, this may include supplier switching and or rationalisation.
- To liaise closely with all other internal functions to ensure best purchasing practices.
- Continuous improvement of housekeeping standards with regards to the maintenance of price data and resolution of queries generated by suppliers.
- Proactive measurement & development of suppliers (logging of results).
- To work with all designated suppliers.
- To resolve all invoice queries.
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders, where the ability to influence and change views is key to success.
- Delivering cost saving targets.
- Reducing supply chain costs.
- Improving efficiencies.
- Ensuring orders are placed in line with specific time constraints by supplier for on time delivery to the depot.
- Working with Procurement Manager to consolidate supply base whilst delivering cost savings target.
- Continuously improving work processes and procedures.
- Working to strict deadlines.
- Managing multiple tasks.
- Know how and experience.
- Good I.T Skills including all Microsoft platforms
- Experience in a busy procurement environment
- Effective time management/ prioritisation skills
- Keen attention to detail
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'