The Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group are currently working alongside a Doncaster based manufacturing company to recruit a Purchasing Planner. As Purchasing Planner you will work within the Stock Control Department and be responsible for the purchasing of all components, raw materials and finished goods required for production and stock holding across the business
Ideally located, my client are easily accessible to purchasing/ production planning/ stock control candidates living in Doncaster, Mexborough, Rotherham, Sheffield and surrounding areas.
As Purchasing Planner and reporting into the Stock Control Manager duties will include:
- Overall responsibility for the availability of purchased components, raw materials and finished goods in order to achieve an OTIF service level
- Identify and implement continuous improvement in the key areas of purchasing and stock holding.
- Foster an open approach and communication style towards colleagues.
- Develop opportunities for cost savings, both via improved purchasing and by working with the buyer and the technical department on product development
- To partake in the following meetings: daily production, CRP meetings and other stock / purchasing related meetings
- Fully utilise and take ownership of the IFS ERP system for purchasing via MRP and standard costing
- Working closely with the Internal Sales team to ensure that all deviations from 100% OTIF performance are understood and actions taken to prevent repeat occurrences
- The potential to take part in supplier visits and audits
- In depth understanding of purchasing and planning processes and techniques
- Ability to communicate at all levels and facilitate the passage and receipt of information
- Proven track record in the use of an ERP system including MRP
- Passion for customer service, cost and stock reductions and a track record of continuous improvement
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications
- Positive work ethic
- Ability to work within a team as well as on their own initiative
- Salary of £19,000 - £20,900 dependant on experience
- Working hours of 8 am - 4.30pm Monday - Friday
- 20 days holiday + stats
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Fantastic opportunity to work for a reputable business in Doncaster
Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focuses on the recruitment of talent in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of recruitment and talent identification we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on Jobs or Recruitment.
- production planning
- stock control
- Production planner
- purchasing planner