Salary Negotiable Depending on Experience
Our client is currently recruiting for a purchasing officer to join their team, the company manufacture safety equipment.
The Successful candidate will be employed within the Manufacturing Department and report to the Manufacturing Manager. They will work closely with colleagues in Finance, Sales and Marketing, Quality and Engineering.
- Liaise with Engineering and Quality to generate the necessary purchasing data.
- Review the material procurement report MRP and raise the necessary Purchase Orders to anticipate and maintain both minimum stock levels and projected demand.
- Liaise with Sales and Production Control and generate the necessary purchase orders on suppliers to meet their requirements.
- Monitor and expedite supplier delivery performance as necessary.
- Match supplier invoices to Goods Receipt Note, checking both quantity and price against the purchase order. Code and Post invoices onto to manufacturing computer system.
- Maintain the outstanding purchase order file by closing off any short / over deliveries etc.
- Reconcile Supplier Statements as and when received to identify and resolve any discrepancies.
- For expense items, raise purchase orders on the supplier with the appropriate approval of the relevant manager.
- Provide general assistance to the Administration team by answering the phone, meeting and greeting visitors and generally assisting colleagues and Managers as required.
- Proactive development of the purchasing control systems, the generation of reports, graphs etc.
- Supplier evaluation may require supplier visits.
They are looking for someone with similar experience from a previous role and an engineering, production or business administration qualification, preferably but not necessarily at degree level or equivalent.
- Free parking
- 8.30am to 4.30pm Mon-Fri
- Salary negotiable depending on experience
By applying for this role you give permission for Purely Recruitment to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Purely recruitment will not submit or use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'