We are currently recruiting for a Purchasing Officer to join a successful and rapidly growing Security Solutions company in Sandbach, Cheshire. We are looking for someone to take complete ownership of their purchasing spend - which includes a large quantity of steel in either finished or raw states along with a wide range of other products from across the UK/EU.
The role has arisen due to growth (20% YoY) and has been managed within the Operations Function by non-specialists up to now. Given the continued rise in requirements and advanced purchasing needs we now need someone to look after things full-time. This role will encompass:
- Researching potential vendors
- Comparing, evaluating and negotiating offers/quotations
- Tracking and managing product orders and deliveries
- Management of product details in internal CRM
- Create and maintain a purchasing database
To be considered for this role you should:
- Have proven experience in a Purchasing role - either full or part time
- Understand Supply Chain Procedures
- Confidence to negotiate with large suppliers and get the best price possible
- Comfortable in a role that is a blend of hands on and strategic thinking
- Happy functioning in a small SME (50 full-time staff) and working in hardworking, high-achieving team
£25,000-£30,000 base salary plus free lunch/snacks, Company Bonus (£2-3K based on performance), Personal Bonus (Based on cost savings - detail TBC), 20 days A/L plus bank holidays and a pleasant, new office environment with free parking.
- Supply Chain
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job