My client in Huddersfield is looking for a Purchasing Officer to join their team.
To support the project teams (and other territories when requested). Provide system administration and maintenance within the procurement team in line with the company policies and guidelines.
- Manage purchase orders from creation, issuing to suppliers, through whole order lifecycle
- Ensure financial controls and procedures are complied with
- Manage activities to expedite deliveries from suppliers to meet required delivery timescales
- Be responsible for submittal of approved templates, questionnaires and forms to pre-identified potential new vendors
- Work with Accounts Payable, internal business requestors and external suppliers
- Prepare data for monthly supplier metric reports, publish supplier monthly measures and issue outcome notices
- Prepare internal vendor related reports for management on request
- Monitor results of inventory transactions and activities related to equipment under assigned purchase orders and
- ensure that these transactions are carried out in a timely fashion and in accordance with established procedures
- Resolve any stock discrepancies that may be identified using defined stock adjustment forms and compliance with
- Provide input into monthly inventory reporting and actively participate in any required stock take activities.
- Provide holiday cover for Procurement Manager as required.
• Previous experience in supply, manufacturing or office working in a similar field
• Knowledge and experience with a computer driven inventory system
• Familiarity or competent use of Oracle IT system will be an advantage
• PC literacy such as word processing, spreadsheet analysis, file management, data base management
• Above average Excel capability is desired.
• Ability to adopt a pro-active, systematic approach to problem solving.
• Good time management.
Education/qualifications required (classify as essential and optional):
Certificate/Diploma in Business Administration or equivalent demonstrable experience within an office/manufacturing environment
Cordant People are an equal opportunities employer.
Cordant People are acting as an employment agency on behalf of this vacancy.