Purchasing Officer, Sussex
Purchasing officer to join exciting and growing Global Engineering Firm. With a recently new £1.5 million factory built due to demand of their diverse product range they now require a competent purchasing officer to manage all buying activities within the business. This is a dynamic and passionate team.
The purchasing officer will have a minimum of 4yrs commercial experience in the procurement / supply chain / buying arena - preferably with manufacturing engineering know-how & working on administrative duties in this role.
The purchasing officer's key requirements will include:
- Managing high volume of parts (in the 100's)
- Identifying suppliers
- Understand design for manufacture (DfM) & associated costs of parts
- Purchase order requirements
- Bills of materials (BoM's)
- Stock control
- Communicate with suppliers on a regular basis both via email and phone.
- Deal with supplier enquires
- Relevant documentation associated with purchasing
- Excellent organisational and administrate skills
The purchasing officer will have:
- Minimum of 4yrs commercial experience in an administrative role
- MS Office skills
- Knowledge and interest in the area of engineering (mechanical engineering) ability to read Solidworks CAD drawings ideal
- Excellent organisational skills
- Not be afraid to speak to both internal and external staff
Ideally, the purchasing officer will come from a manufacturing engineering background but must be able to grasp the basics of 2D, 3D, AutoCAD, CAD drawings. So any mechanical engineering experience or knowledge is very advantageous. It is imperative the successful applicant has excellent spoken and written English skills.
Professional qualifications welcome e.g. CIPS qualifications. MS Office (Excel, Word), Navision or experience on a mainstream MRP system advantageous.
The buyer will be joining a great team and be pivotal in helping support successful operations.
Great benefits including up to 35 days holiday and 7% pension
The company are based just a few minutes walk from Haywards Heath mainline station. Plenty of parking also available.
- supply chain
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job