Are you an experienced Purchasing/Materials Controller within the manufacturing industry wanting to work for a market leading company? If so, this could be the perfect role for you!
- Permanent position
- 33 days holiday (including BH)
- Pension Scheme
- Christmas bonus
- £31,000 - £41,000
- Responsible for the end to end management of securing the supply of parts from a Global supplier base in a timely and cost efficient manner to meet the needs of the business, ensuring optimum inventory.
- You'll be working with Internal Departments, up to Management level and External suppliers
- Controlling the sourcing and purchasing processes in the most efficient manner and within set budgets
- Attend regular inter-departmental scheduling meetings
- Responsible for New Product Introduction from a materials perspective.
- Communicating the status of materials within the total supply chain to the wider business
- Analysing data and producing accurate reports.
- Monitors progress and reports at the very earliest stage
- Introducing cost reduction and lead time initiatives
- Helping developing new purchase / material control systems is part of the role
- Ensuring costs for purchased items are minimised through effective negotiation
This role is office based however there is a requirement to travel overseas once/twice a year.
- 5+ years experience as a Purchasing/Materials Controller within the manufacturing industry
- Identify areas for improvement and finds solutions to continuously improve their own, their team and business performance.
- Have a 'can do' attitude and problem solving approach
- Be confident in own decision making process and demonstrates the ability to support decisions by sound reasoning.
- Team Leadership, Demand Planning & Forecasting Procurement Supplier Relationship Management
- Negotiate and develop strong relationships with suppliers
- Plan and Expedite materials and maintain inventory levels.
- Finding solutions with supply issues.
- Can identify the difference between relevant and irrelevant information when dealing with issues and breaks complex situations into component parts as a way of making decisions.
- Be able to remove obstacles that are in the way of getting things done
- Computer literate excel spreadsheets are essential
If you are interested, apply today!
Two stage interview process
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.