TalentHQ Recruitment's goal is simple, to just find: the right talent, the right job.
- Position: Purchasing Assistant Manager/ Purchasing Manager
- Location: Welwyn Garden City, Herts
- Salary: £22,000- £28,000 per annum (depending on experience)+ up-to £3,000 discretional annual bonus paid quarterly + lots of additional exciting company perks.
- Contract: Permanent, Full-Time
Purchasing Assistant Manager/ Purchasing Manager:
- Are you a recent graduate who is looking to 'kick start’ your career within purchasing?
- Alternatively, maybe you already have experience working within a purchasing/procurement team and are looking for the next step in your career?
- Would you be described as a bright, articulate and confident individual?
- Does having the opportunity to take up a professional qualification and complete your CIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply) within this role appeal to you?
- Do you have previous negotiating experience?
- Does the opportunity to support our clients Purchasing Managers and assist with negotiation of group contracts, manage the ad hoc procurement requests of customers and deal with supplier service issues sound like something you’d be confident doing?
- Would you be described as a logical and creative individual?
- Maybe you’d enjoy getting to the heart of supplier pricing and profitability?
- Would the opportunity to work for one of the leading providers of expense reduction services in the UK excite you?
- Maybe you’re keen to work for a friendly, growing team which are passionate about investing in their staff?
- Does the chance to work within the Procurement and Innovation department, which is the heart of our client’s business interest you?
- Are you looking for a long-term career and not just a job?
If you answer YES to the above, then this position could be the exciting career opportunity you're looking for as a 'Purchasing Assistant Manager/Purchasing Manager’ and the TalentHQ Recruitment team would love to hear from you…
Purpose of the Job:
- Work as part of the Purchasing Team in partnership with other departments to facilitate the delivery of cost savings to our customer base.
- Negotiate market leading preferred supplier contracts and pricing for our customers on a selection of overhead areas.
- Facilitate the negotiation of one-off Capital Purchases as required.
Principle Responsibilities - To assist with the following.
- Group Purchasing
- Continually review/research markets to understand the products, services and cost.
- Identify key national and regional suppliers within each market.
- Negotiate best possible contract price for each service.
- Negotiate preferred supplier contracts and SLA’s and review these on a regular basis meeting suppliers on an agreed schedule.
- Ensure each Supplier has signed our preferred supplier agreement.
- Follow the department’s procedure for setting up new suppliers.
Ad Hoc Purchasing Requests
- Identify minimum of two quotes for any ad-hoc request.
- Ensure suppliers can meet clients supply requirements.
- Compare pricing against any previously obtained quotes.
- Record activity using the company database as per agreed procedures.
Group Contract Promotion
- Promote products and services via Account Managers to our Customers to increase implementation.
- Provide ongoing training on products and services to Account Managers.
- Supply and maintain product and pricing information.
- Seek additional promotions and incentives from suppliers to drive implementation.
Reporting and Administration
- Review effectiveness of all group contracts through our Deal Strength Report.
- Meet weekly with analysis team to review group contract competitiveness and analysis throughput.
- Meet monthly with the Managers and Directors of the Analysis and Account Management Teams to review performance and set purchasing priorities.
- Prepare reports for the Purchasing and Innovation Director to take to monthly Directors meetings.
About TalentHQ Recruitment:
TalentHQ Ltd are an "Award Winning" recruitment consultancy which is headed up by a team of talented consultants.
Within our HQ we specialise in adding 'talent' within Temporary & Permanent positions across all Business Support roles from Junior to Senior Management.
We are proud to work with a leading number of blue-chip companies as well as smaller SMEs businesses throughout the UK. Awards: FSB Hertfordshire - Best New Business - Winners 2014 & Most Inspiring New Business 2015.
- Graduate Level
- Group Purchasing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'