Transform Your Tomorrow...Today at Curtiss-Wright
At Curtiss-Wright, you have the opportunity to transform the way our customers do business, as well as transform your career. Our entrepreneurial environment provides our employees with excellent experiences that enable them to develop their skills through stretch assignments and the opportunity to work with the best talent in the industry. At Curtiss-Wright, you will have the opportunity to contribute from day one - and that's just the beginning of how we help you transform your tomorrow.
Curtiss-Wright Corporation (NYSE:CW) is a global innovative company that delivers highly engineered, critical function products and services to the commercial, industrial, defense and energy markets. Building on the heritage of Glenn Curtiss and the Wright brothers, Curtiss-Wright has a long tradition of providing reliable solutions through trusted customer relationships. The company employs approximately 10,000 people worldwide, and has a turnover of over $2.5 billion per annum.
Curtiss-Wright is seeking a Purchasing Manager to join our Industrial Division at our new state-of-the-art facility at Bournemouth Airport. Reporting to the Supply Chain Director you will be responsible for global sourcing, developing and leading purchasing strategies.
- Management responsibility for the purchasing team
- Full responsibility for all direct and indirect bought out components and goods and services
- Supporting and exceeding the operational and strategic objectives of the Industrial group
- Negotiating terms and conditions to win / win solutions that enhance the strategic position of vendor, company and customer
- Proactively forge relationships with suppliers and customers to purchase goods to require timescales to achieve Customer Service Levels in excess of 98%.
- Accurate maintenance of purchasing data on the Integrated Business System
- Support and co-ordinate NPI activities for department to support cross department objectives including representing Procurement as required in new product / design reviews
- Complying with the requirements defined by the Quality Management System
- Obtaining necessary approval and generate documentation for accurate and timely procurement of goods
- Monitoring the status of purchase orders / deliveries and resolve problems and potential problems proactively and promptly
- Working with other business units to develop the supply chain that enhance the strategic position of vendor, company and customer
- Monitoring and improve supplier performance (delivery, price and quality)
- Reducing supplier base via preferred suppliers / supplier partnerships
- Developing and implement plans to reduce the total cost and lead time of materials and supply whilst maintaining quality
- Implementing plans to mitigate risk including component obsolescence
- CIPS qualified (or equivalent) with significant experience in a purchasing management role (contract manufacturing precision engineering / high volume manufacturing environment preferred)
- Managerial experience, with ability to recruit, mentor and develop as necessary junior members in team
- Technically competent with ability to interpret and understand Bills or Materials, 2D drawings and match to suitable suppliers / manufacturing processes
- Broad range of component / commodity experience (electrical, electro-mechanical, mechanical, goods & services)
- Extensive experience in daily ERP / MRP systems
- Proven experience working within operating budgets, achieving cost effectiveness savings where possible
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate confidently and persuasively with a wide variety of people, at all levels
- Computer competent with a good working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Access
- Flexible as some out of hours, weekend working and travel (UK & International) may be required
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the UK.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'