- A bespoke Flexographic printing and Flexible Packaging Manufacturer who supply packaging solutions to a wide range of industries
- Purchasing Manager
- The cost-effective procurement of the raw material and services portfolio covering a range of categories to support UK site operations plus supporting procurement activity to settle key raw material contracts for the Group.
- Domestic Spend: £15 million
To establish commodity knowledge, enabling the minimisation of market exposure and exploitation of market opportunity.
- Develop understanding of commodity markets, which are the underlying cost driver to key purchases.
- Provide analysis and interpretation of markets to the business along with recommendations on buying decisions.
- Develop effective buying plans and where appropriate, hedging strategies to manage market exposure and volatility.
- Understanding key players in the market, who influence price.
- Provide expert, detailed knowledge and understanding to the wider business through the preparation of the monthly Procurement Report including cost trackers plus additional internal correspondence to ensure the business can react to commercial pressures.
To ensure security of supply through appropriate supplier selection and contracting
- Execute effective supplier appraisal to recruit the appropriate supply base to support business continuity.
- Understanding supplier’s capacity and capability requirements.
- Only tender/contract with suppliers who match the supply requirements of the business.
- Ensure ongoing capability and continuous improvement through regular reviews and KPI measurement.
- Encourage continuous improvement within the supply base through target setting and monitoring.
- Drive timely settlement of contracts to ensure the interests of the business are protected.
To continually drive down costs building their leveraging position and negotiating added value in all areas of managed spend.
- Developing category plans which leverage their position to best advantage.
- Through Value Chain analysis drive continuous cost improvement in the supply chain, ensure project and cost reduction objectives are met.
- Develop effective negotiating strategies to ensure maximisation of value.
- Drive down total cost of ownership and ensure all opportunities for the delivery of added value is identified.
- Achieve cost transparency for key contracts.
To ensure appropriate purchasing involvement and influence in all areas of managed spend.
- Understand who are the key stakeholders within the business and develop appropriate relationships.
- Identify opportunity to further increase the effective involvement of purchasing.
- Ensure the procurement strategy is understood and supported by key stakeholders and relevant information is communicated.
- Utilise supporting functions to best advantage of the procurement process, working to develop streamlined processes to support the buying activity to best effect.
Research the market for alternative / additional suppliers for new products
- Maintain supplier materials database to capture potential supply partners for new materials.
Manage supplier performance.
- Supplier evaluation programme.
- Review approved suppliers list.
To minimise the transactional cost of buying.
- Work with suppliers to develop cost transparency.
- Develop process and systems to minimise the transactional cost.
- Automate the process wherever cost effective, using IT as appropriate.
- Review contracts and advise on the exposure and risk to the business
To effectively manage the administration of the procurement process
- Ensure that key correspondence outlining commercial discussions and agreements are retained.
- Maintain the contracts database.
- Maintain the cost savings database.
- Complete price movement sheets.
- Report PPV.
- Report on vendor / category spend.
- Ensure contracts for renewal are highlighted in a timely manner to allow the renegotiation/retender process.
- Ensure appropriate correspondence, legal documentation and contracts are stored effectively.
- Maintain electronic supply contracts.
- Each month prepare the Procurement Report detailing the key market indices along with supporting narrative.
- On a yearly basis prepare the procurement budget forecast for the coming year.
- On a yearly basis prepare the summary of the cost saving initiatives and projects for the coming year detailing forecasted savings and timelines.
- Ensure Non-Disclosure Agreements are established with the supply base as appropriate.
Internal Management System auditor.
- Carry out Internal Management Systems audits as defined by the audit schedule.
Ensure relevant regulatory and legislation is adhered to.
- Understanding existing and new markets the business is active in and ensuring relevant compliance.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in purchasing within a manufacturing environment.
- Proven, demonstrable track record of cost reduction.
- Professional procurement qualification (C.I.P.S.).
- Experience of buying within the print / lamination industry is preferred but not essential.
- Excellent negotiation, influencing and communication skills both internally and externally.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and build good working relationships.
- Analytical, highly numerate and able to understand complicated costing models, market indices and price structures.
- High levels of integrity and dealing with suppliers in an ethical manner.
- Comfortable with the preparation of detailed spreadsheets and use of ERP systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Reliable, tenacious and a flexible approach.
- Clean driving licence with the flexibility to travel as and when required.
- Up to £45,000 depending on experience plus company benefits.
If you feel you have the right skill set and attributes for this role then please contact us on a confidential basis.
- Manufacturing Environment
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"