This organisation have been in operation for 60 years, so you will me joining a very established and successful business, and joining a busy and energetic team.
Your role will be imperative within the Supply Chain Team, and ultimately you will be responsible for the development and execution of Purchasing strategy, and will continuously drive for improvement.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the team of 3 Buyers
- Ensuring on time delivery targets are met, and manage and deliver NPI/spares range availability targets
-Coordinate and lead spare parts and service providers (logistics, distribution and packaging), and develop new initiatives to ensure optimum cost savings
- Introduce new suppliers when appropriate to meet current and future needs
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 5 years international purchasing experience covering direct, indirect commodities, preferably within a spare parts or retail distribution environment
- Proven track record in commercial negotiations/contract and SLAs
- Experience in the management and control of large SKU counts with varying demands in a high-volume spares or FMCG organisation
-Knowledge and experience in international low-cost country sourcing and supplier development programs, covering regions such as Eastern Europe, India and China.
- Good Project Management and Communication skills
Ultimately, applicants with Purchase Management experience from any sector will be considered, as long as you can show evidence of managing market trends and margin rates for both trade and retail.
If interested please get in touch TODAY!
- senior buyer
- purchasing manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job