Purchasing Manager - Automotive - Stockport
My client is an established automotive organisation based in Stockport who have grown over time and are looking for a Purchasing Manager on Fixed Term Contract basis. they are considered a leader within their specific field and this is an opportunity to gain additional experience in a Purchasing Manager role.
The Key responsibilities for this automotive Purchasing manager will be;
- Manage a Purchasing team working to provide internal customers with commercial advice and support whilst delivering a professional procurement service.
- Communicate and negotiate with suppliers across all levels of contract spend making sure that they deliver quality, value and compliance.
- Ensure key deliverables are met including savings to budget and that efficiency's and improvements are met in line with visions and values of the company.
- Responsible for maintaining the company contracts database ensuring that consistency in value is achieved.
The successful candidate for this Stockport based Purchasing Manager role will;
- Be experienced in contracts including negotiation and terms.
- Be a strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Have knowledge of engineering, transportation or manufacturing would be advantageous.
- Be experienced with MRP and procurement systems as well as Excel.
- CIPS qualified
- Have experience of team management and contract management.
£35,000 - £40,000 Per anum + Package