Monday - Friday
8.30am - 4.30pm with 1 hour lunch break
Attractive salary package dependent on experience
Social outings & Fun Fridays!
Office Angels Northampton are proud to be supporting a global, award winning organisation in recruiting an experienced Purchasing Manager to join their established team based in their modern offices in Northampton. With sites all over the world and an enviable portfolio of clients and sectors that they work in, now is a great time to join this business. If you're technically minded, have sound people management experience and a solid background in purchasing then please carry on reading...
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Managing a team of 5/6 administrators on a daily basis (but no micro-management please!)
- Building positive relationships with the existing 100 vendors to ensure effective communication & future business together
- Liaising with the other teams and departments to understand their purchasing and stock needs - this will ultimately help to drive the business strategy forward of reducing inventory & slow moving stock
- Negotiating contracts with new suppliers and checking the quality and compliance of the products & components they provide
- Assisting the splendid Operations team on an adhoc basis
The Successful Applicant:
- You will have previous experience managing a team but are someone that's also happy to dig in with the day to day order processing & admin when it gets busy (which it can do!)
- Knowledge and experience using SAP is essential, don't worry if you're not an expert as training on the company specific templates will be given when you start
- You're probably already a purchasing guru from a manufacturing or technical industry
Is this the job you've been waiting for?....
Please call the office on and ask for Elisabeth Stewart if you have any further questions, but if you just can't wait and you know you're the perfect applicant please apply right now!
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.