The Client :-
Our client is a leading supplier of sports and leisure equipment and sports team wear. Established over 20 years and with a turnover of CIRCA £7 million they supply their products in to Local Authorities, Schools, Colleges, Fitness & Leisure companies, & sport/professional club sectors. They offer an impressive range of over 4000 products from leading brand names in the sport equipment and team wear. They also offer own brand products and equipment which offer the customer exceptional quality and value for money. They also believe it is important to not only offer customers a high quality product, but an extensive and focused product range coupled with exceptional service. Having their own in house garment printing facility it enables them to offer customers a one-stop shop for all their sporting requirements.
Located in the West Midlands they are ideally situated to supply goods to customers UK Nationally.
Due to strategic expansion within their business they now seek to appoint an experienced Purchasing Manager ideally with experience in the sportswear, team wear, sports equipment or similar market sector
- Must be based ideally within 1 hour commute of their offices in the Midlands
- Ideally have purchasing experience in the following industry sectors experience in the Sportswear, Team Wear, Sports Equipment, Corporate Wear, Work Wear, Office Stationery sectors but will consider other candidates with strong purchasing experience in other market sectors.
- To effectively manage the Procurement Team. To manage relationships with suppliers and thereby minimise product costs whilst maximising performance for customers. To minimise stock holdings. To maximise stock tum. To maintain their product file. To work with the marketing team to ensure our product offer matches customer Also, coordinate stock control at the local distribution centre
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Devise and employ fruitful sourcing strategies
- Discover the most profitable suppliers and initiate business partnerships
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure the most advantageous term's
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services, through a coherent purchasing process and in line with the Agreed Inventory Plan
- Oversee the finalizing of details of orders and deliveries
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients.
- Anticipate un-favourable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies.
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Complete these tasks through effective management of the Purchasing Team
- Build and maintain proactive and healthy relationship with the senior management
- Collaborate with key people to ensure the clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company.
- A flexible approach and outlook with the occasional requirement to work outside of normal business
- Demonstration of a successful track record in purchasing environments, including:
- Cost Savings generated through proactive supplier negotiations
- Negotiation of vendor agreements
- Management of a Purchasing team to achieve agreed targets and KPI's
- Effective management and reduction of stock holding, whilst ensuring customer fulfilment requirements and KPI's
- Focused, resilient and driven to exceed expectations and
- A professional and calm approach particularly when in challenging or tense situations with a non-confrontational approach to problem
- Sound organisational and planning skills with ability to prioritise
- Able to be flexible and
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Attention to detail and
- Excellent numeracy and IT
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiating
- Ability to work alone and as a team player, when required, and foster successful internal working relationships whilst working remotely
- Strong networking
- Good commercial acumen