We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Purchasing Manager. Reporting to the Purchasing Senior General Manager you will lead a team for new model sourcing and current model cost reduction activities.
You will have excellent knowledge of the commercial aspects of business management and ideally engineering knowledge.
- Develop and lead commodity strategies.
- Plan, Develop and Lead annual cost reduction plans and strategies.
- Lead, coordinate and motivate your Purchase team.
- Lead negotiations with supplier management teams.
- Manage the supply base to achieve targets.
- Lead and coordinate Supplier activity in close cooperation with other related functions.
- As a member of Global purchasing network, promote the sharing of best practice across the European and Global organisation
- Carry out and lead benchmark activities.
- Lead new model sourcing activities, ensuring target costs are met.
- Understand commodity cost drivers and commercial issues.
- Think strategically and 'out of the box,’ whilst being flexible and pragmatic
- Maintain conformance with business and engineering/manufacturing systems.
- Communicate effectively and lead projects across functions.
- Significant experience within a similar role, preferably within the automotive industry.
- Demonstrable commercial skills including significant negotiation and contract experience
- The ability to establish effective relationships with internal functions and suppliers and manage internal stakeholders.
- A proactive approach and the ability to drive actions through to an effective conclusion
- Excellent organisation and communication skills including the ability to influence and motivate.
- A proven record in balancing need to establish lowest possible cost v. long-term robust supply chain
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- Ideally educated to degree or equivalent standard.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job