I'm working with a prestigious tailored holiday provider in Swindon who are looking to recruit an experienced Purchasing Manager to join their growing workforce.
My client are seeking someone with a background in Purchasing, ideally within the travel industry, however this is not essential. You will hold full responsibility for worldwide procurement of add on products with a view to developing the offering portfolio for the business.
Duties will include but are not limited to;
- Working closely with internal product development teams to manage annual budgets and work to seasonal marketing activity
- Develop long standing, contractual relationships with key suppliers, negotiate best rates and source unique products
- This role will require some international travel, all paid for
- Working with tourist boards around the world, tour operators, hotels and resort operators. Therefore, having some industry knowledge would be highly advantageous
- Monitor statistics and identify any trends, reporting on how best to increase market share for the business
- Review customer feedback and look at ways to improve products, services, the customer journey and the overall product portfolio that the business can offer to ensure they stay ahead of competitors
- Understand pricing strategy, margins and volumes associated with each contracted product
- Review supplier performance and highlight any contractual risks to the Director team (including and financial risks from committed contracts)
- Ensuring strong and robust department processes are in place for contract filing, version controls, liability risk reviews and deadline achievement
- It is essential that you have previous experience in a Purchasing Manager role with strong commercial awareness
- Able to evidence great contracting and negotiating skills
- You will be joining a growing business, therefore, must be able to work well under pressure, cope with the demands of deadlines and targets as well as adapting to change with ease
- Experience within the travel/tourism sector would be highly advantageous
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, ranging from £30k - £45k, depending on experience. You will also receive health care, company pension and a long term, stable career with a growing, personable and forward thinking global company.
Coburg Banks Sales specialise in recruiting Sales Directors, Business Development Manager's, Sales Manager's, Sales Executive's and Internal Sales Consultants across multiple industries throughout the UK. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career within Sales please refer them to us.
- Supply Chain
- Purchasing Manager