Recruiting on behalf of one of our fast growing very successful clients based in Wootton Bassett for a Purchasing Manager.
- Create and manage the annual briefing and contracting timetable with the Product teams.
- Develop and maintain key supplier relationships with jointly agreed vision and strategy agreements that are regularly reviewed. Nurture agreements to negotiate industry leading rates and unique products.
- Develop a travel timetable to research and negotiate product briefs creating new supplier relationships and strengthening agreements. Travel to Global Destinations to review and finalise agreements.
- Monitor destination arrival statistics and seek strategic initiatives in order to drive incremental market share
- Maintain and agree processes with the Operational team to ensure contracted products are operationally viable and provide an excellent customer journey.
- Work with the D'nata group to ensure we have access to group contracts and we have an operational booking process.
- Develop sales room night and rate data, year on year, competitor analysis and recommend rate requirements to help aid negotiations.
- Review customer feedback and look at ways to improve ground products and the customer journey with the product and service team. Manage any customer complaint escalations and drive compensation recovery where appropriate from suppliers.
- Understand pricing strategy, margins and volumes associated with each contracted product
- Review supplier performance and highlight any contractual risks to the Director team (including and financial risks from committed contracts)
- Create a contracting plan to support the Up-Sell Strategy (post booking / pre-departure sales)
- Ensuring strong and robust department processes are in place for contract filing, version controls, liability risk reviews and deadline achievement
For a personal spec and more information please contact Kelly White on
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.